Wednesday, November 12, 2008

WOW!!!

So, I restrained myself from checking the scale everyday. Today is the end of week one and start of week 2. And the results are in.....

I'll let you know in a minute!

We started with the Atkins Induction last week. It was an effort for sure; the early morning breakfasts, no carbs at all( 20g, mostly from veggies though.) But we did it. Until I noticed Peyton was not doing so well on this. I was starting to loose my milk supply on this diet. No fun! I am so NOT ready to give up nursing her. (although we did give her a bottle a few times to help her catch up, and leaving her home with J is a lot easier!) So we looked at the diet, said, this is not working for us right now, we need to change it. Back to square one.

A lovely lady gave me a wonderful book. Based on the Canada Food Guide. Basically it's about portion control and consitantly eating from all the food groups at everymeal. No, I don't need two sandwiches when one is loaded with tomatoes and lettuce. No I don't really need that second cup of milk with supper, water will be just fine! And yes, a little sweet now and then are fine, perfect timing for the halloween candy, ONLY ONE chocolate bar! Small and yummy, no need for more!

This book also comes with meal plans(I'm adjusting the ones I had planned already for this week!) It is a little more complicated to figure out but as we learn more about it it will get easier! And I am so motivated to keep going, especially after stepping on the scale this morning!!!

Oh yeah, back to the scale.....

I hope I can continue to do this well every week (not a realisitic goal I know!) So, I hope this one works just as well!


So the results are in!!!!!!!!!!

15lbs!!!!!!!!!


Yup! SO HAPPY!!!

Gonna keep this up!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You rock!! Good for you!!

Rose B.

Anonymous said...

Make sure you take pictures as you progress along.

Anonymous said...

Jason actually told me about your progress before I read your blog...but way to go! Hope you can keep this up, but don't forget to reward yourself for a job well done!
Love you all!!
Evelyn

Roze said...

Great start!!! Hope you're still making out ok, and keeping positive! I'm rooting for you!

Yvonne said...

Good Job Laura ... "dieting" is no fun! You can do it!!