Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A new life...kinda.....

Well, today is day one of our 'changing the way we eat=changing the way we look!'
(Diet sounds worse!)
I actually got up with Jason to make us breakfast. WOW. Early morning!
So far so good. I didn't even cheat. Although stepping on the scale this morning vs. this afternoon did not reveal any amazing changes.......non actually! But it is only day one, and I only should be stepping on the scale once a week so no changes in one day is good....It didn't go up!! :P
115lbs to go....a lot???!!!!

YUPPERS!!!

Can I do it???!!!!!

YUPPERS!!!
*that's me being enthusiastic still*

seems like a long way to go but if I think I can I know I can...got it?

Been praying a lot today. God will give me the strength each day to pull through. Even to stay away for my favorite foods. I know I can do this with His help. I will be a better person because of this.( not 'cause I'm not a better person right now......) But because I'll be able to do so much MORE!! Like run after the kids, live heathier, breath easier, feel better. And all this because I AM a child of God and HE is to be praised through me. If I can't praise Him for me, then I have to change the way I think about me. If I change the way I think about me, I change the way I deal with me. If I change the way I deal with me, I change the way I live and that leads to changing me all over. Thoughts, Looks, inside and out.

So now I am able to Praise Him for me...

I am beautiful!!!

My eating habits are not!


Thus the change!

Encouragement and comments are appreciated!

6 comments:

Roze said...

Wow Laura! That'll be a huge commitment! I've never actually tried a diet myself, but I'm sure it's tough! The only thing I've done is decrease my breakfast size in the morning when I realize that I've fallen into the habit of eating more than necessary.

Keep praying, and God WILL give you the strength. You should see http://mom-nancysplace.blogspot.com/ for a success story to keep you inspired. For being in a wheelchair, and only doing a diet change, she lost 92 pounds so far. Crazy! But we can't do things on our own. That goes with everything! I find myself thinking I'm being a great Mom, and I can do this and that, etc...and then I crash and burn. Why? 'Cause I keep forgetting that I can't do it. Only God can. I think it's great that you're gonna try improve your health! Five stars for you! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Great start Laura!! Keep up-beat, and yes, I believe you can do it...and Jason too!!!
Lots of Love to you and your family!
Evelyn

Laura said...

Thanks Roze and Evelyn! It helps to know that there are people out there rooting for us! Keep the encouraging comments coming! Lotsa love your way too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura, read your blog this morning, and want to say congrats, the first few weeks will be the toughest, but thinking positive will help for sure! And you are beautiful! Need encouragement when struggling...just call. Brenda

Anonymous said...

Laura:

I will pray for you since I KNOW how tough it is not to be enslaved to food! It looks like you have the right perspective - doing this for God's glory since you belong to Him. So easy to lose weight for the wrong reasons, but you list all good ones.
Keep us updated. I have about 100 lbs. to lose to my goal, but I will be happy even to lose 80 lbs.
I am thinking about you.

Rose B.

Marian said...

Hi Laura,
Just wanted to say hello, and that I think it's amazing what you are trying to do. You CAN do it. And this is a great time, because I truly believe it gets harder to lose weight after every child you have.

Not to get all advice-y on you, but one great way to change your portions is to just use a smaller plate!

Good luck...
Marian V.