Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wednesday again!

Well, scale day is here!!! I can tell that I didn't do as well this time around :( So I guess I'll have to try a little harder with way less cheating. This one is hard because we are allowed so much! I guess I need a little more selfcontrol and a little less dipping into the kids snacks! :)

That being said, I still did pretty good. I didn't gain any of the weight back, and still managed to loose 3 lbs. I had stepped on the scale earlier in the week and had lost 5 lbs. So after all the cheating, snacking and sneaking, 3 lbs is ok...not great, but ok!

So on to another week. Gonna try really hard this week. More water, less snacks, more veggies and more will power.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13

And a whole lot more prayer!!!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, you are doing FABULOUS. That means altogether you have lost 18 lbs. in 2 weeks!!! YIKES!!! Did I get that right?

Sterkte!!

Anonymous said...

wow, Laura! 3 lbs is super!!! Keep it up! It's not an easy battle, but I'm sure you can do it! It won't always be easy, but stick with it. Don't beat yourself up about the cheats but look at it as an opportunity to start anew every time!
Hang in there... keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your great job on your eating plan(I hate the word diet)Keep up the good work and I'll be thinking about you.WAY TO GO !!!
Sandra

elliott5inbc said...

Hey....3 pounds in a week is AWESOME! Don't give up, and remember that you are good enough RIGHT NOW Laura. Even if you never lose another pound, God made you in HIS image and said it was good. He knew you were going to be the way you are and still loves you! I also am fighting the battle of the bulge...it's so mentally draining isn't it?

Oh, and I'm with Sandra's comments above me.....scrap the word 'diet' b/c if you go back to eating the same way after you lose the weight, you'll gain it all back...think of this as the way you'll be eating for life! Treats are ok, you can't gain 3 pounds by eating one (notice the ONE) piece of cake....the portion control is always the hardest for me. What's the name of your eating plan? Where do I get a copy?

Anonymous said...

Laura- I am so happy for you. I am in the midst of this same thing myself, and have definitely had a few meltdowns as well. I've lost the baby weight from Holly but I still have about 25lbs to go.
Your posts are very encouraging so be encouraged also - you are doing a fabulous job! xx

Anonymous said...

Way to go Laura...3 lbs is 3 lbs!! Keep it up!
All the best!!
Evelyn

Laura said...

Ev. you mean keep it off right !:P

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you Laura! And even though you gained three, it's great that you are getting back to it! And 20 lbs in 1 month is lots...super job! I can't wait to see how you did this week! Post soon. And keep it up!!!!