Sunday, November 2, 2008

who knew....


While making a cake for my son's 2nd birthday...(I made 3 all together! Spoiled boy!) I whipped cream in the hopes of making whipping cream...*sigh* anyone want butter? :P



I have a two year old again! Oh what fun! We shall see what this terrible twos shall bring...but I really do love this age. They learn so much, so fast and it is a blessing to see that happen.


Time change tonight........sleeping in! :)


Happy Lord's Day all!.....


What was your Lord's Day like? Really a day of rest? How much did you keep your ears open to recieve? Please share your thoughts of your sermons and what you'll be chewing on for this week......and keep me motivated to do my devotions!
Cheers all and have a good week!

3 comments:

Roze said...

Oh yay! I almost gave up on your blog! But here IS a post!! I'm ready for bed, so I'm not feeling particularly motivating right now...I'll try come up with some better ideas next time!

Roze said...

As promised, some serious thoughts: Yes, Sunday is a lovely day of rest for me. I do really look forward to it every week. How much are my ears open--that varies a lot per week. Some days I'm so tired and "the spirit is willing but the flesh is week". This week I'm thinking about baptism, and the importance of it. And how I should pray more about me keeping the promises I made at baptism, and that I should just pray more in general.

Laura said...

thanks Roze..prayer for me is a hard one as well. I have learned to just let my thoughts go to prayer and I find I make myself make time more often for it. (make sense?) Baptism. With each of the kids baptisms it strikes me each time how much we fall short of our duties before God, How much of a blessing these gifts of children are and how I can only do this 'through Christ who gives me strength!'