Thursday, July 16, 2009

RCMP

We went to go see the RCMP musical ride in Smithers. It's amazing at the things they can get the horses to do, how co-ordinated they are! Truely an amazing night! J took lots of pics, so I hope some end up on one of our blogs!

We took all 4 of the kidlets (guppies :P ) along with us. So did E+B, and B+E took 2. Wow, ten kids all with us, all sitting there from about 6pm. We got there early to get a good seat. And it worked! Top row! Very neat stuff!

The thing that really irked me was that they advertised the show starting at 7pm. They didn't say that they would be waiting for the traffic still coming in and filling up an hour with slow boring stuff...7pm people, not leave the house at 7 pm and make a whole areana wait as you park and walk to the stands. Sure be a few minutes off schedule. Fine. Ok. but seriously, there ARE little kids in the stands. Like duh!!

And the fillers weren't even that great. Some famous guy from Paris? Boring. A rendition of the Canadian anthem...that was ok, beautiful voice but SO S...LLLoooooooowwwwww..... and what's up with hardly anyone singing along with it? Barely a murmur in the crowd. *sigh* Sorry if I sing my country's song in public, but I'm not worried about embarrassing myself! Like come on! It's our anthem! SING PEOPLE!!

I get that the sponsers and the organizers want their little bit. Totally get that but by the time the main event came on the kids were DONE! Yes, they did see the horses, and see most of the show, but if it started oh, at 7, even 7:20, instead of 8pm (YES 8!!!!) they would have enjoyed it a lot more. I would have enjoyed it a lot more!

Now, re reading this it sounds like I didn't like it at all! Don't get me wrong. It was AMAZING! The horses were beautiful and so well behaved! (Elaine didn't even get bit tonight! :P) And I've always loved seeing the RCMP in their tradition uniforms. It was so cool. But being a family event ya think they would have put a little more thought into the program layout.... But hey at least it was here and we got to see it! :)

2 comments:

elliott5inbc said...

I'm with you! It ticked me off too... I mean, we were there EARLY for a reason!

We were sitting in a LOUD singing section however...so lots of anthem singers where we were!

Life in Naples.... said...

So you had a good time despite the late start...how long did it take you to get out of the parking lot after the show? See you soon!!