Saturday, August 16, 2008

Misc.

So, camping was a blast. Interesting to go with the (almost) whole In-Law family. Love them to bits and had a great time. We could not ask for better weather and the campground (tenting area in an rv resort) was perfect for all the kids (10 under the age of 6 1/2, 1 13yr old.) I'm waiting for Jason to finish editing the pics so I'll post later.

Dad and Jakob will be home tomorrow. So excited to see them again! Yay! Their adventure was so neat to follow on their blog and now, slowly, pictures are appearing on Facebook. I am really looking forward to hearing all the other stories they didn't write about.

I finally caved and let my daughter sleep on her tummy. Funny, as a mother of 4 you would think that I would come to terms with the fact that some babies are belly sleepers. Chandler was. But I still have that little twinge of uncertainty when I realize that my baby is going to sleep better but be at a higher risk of SIDS. Still, God will take care of her, she is a strong healthy baby and mom and baby always do better with more sleep! So for the last 2 nights a belly sleeper she has been, and it's been a good sleep! Now to bite the bullet and put her in Chandler's room.... and put my nights of good sleep at risk :P

We're off to Irrigation lake today for the afternoon. A beautiful day to spend on the beach. So glad I have a bathing suit that hides all(or I think does) the baby fat, and is easy to nurse in! If only it were always that easy to feel good in clothes in public. I console myself that my husband and kids love me this way anyway so I'll suck it up(and in :P) and have some fun! See you at the beach!

PS. We're host family tomorrow, so if you're in town, come for church and some lunch!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope my message sticks this time. I have tried to leave a message on here a few times and it never works.

I can see your hesitation with the belly sleeping thing too. My kids always slept better when they came to the age where they could roll onto their tummies. A friend of mine is due with her 10th soon and she puts all her babies on their bellies...I guess to keep her sanity too. I never used soothers with my kids either, but am wondering if this time I should cave in to keep my sanity. All 3 prior were colicky and never slept through the night til about 15 months!!! I am dead serious! We will see!

Wishing you some sleep to keep sane!