Thursday, February 12, 2009

Life with kids.




Who would've thought!???!! Not me! I imagined a fall from a bike, a trip out of a tree, even a fall while skiing....but slipping while climbing into my bed??? Nope! Didn't even cross me mind as my first trip to the ER for stitches!


And Felicity??? NO WAY!!! I totally thought Evangelene!!!


But as these things go, there is never any positive way of predicting them correctly...only that with 4 kids, it's bound to happen sooner or later! :P

So instead of a lovely quiet evening scrapbooking...
** It started out that way! Was a lot of fun! Thanks Auntie S. + B. Although that was still full of adventure and mishaps!**
....I got to spend my evening at the local ER....a mere 45min drive away!

Thankfully the roads were clear and the Lord saw fit to allow us to arrive there with no further adventures!

A talk with some nice ladies in the waiting room, half an episode of Reba, and we were on our way to seeing a Dr.

By then Felicity had started to feel better and was talking lots. She told the nurse all about valentines day and all the fun stuff she did at preschool.

The Dr. finally visited us (although I must confess...he was not that long in appearing!) and decided glue would not work, stitches were needed.


My brave little girl told me she was scared. So we prayed. And prayed. It made mommy feel better, able to be a little more confident.But the little girl wanted a hand to hold. So while we prayed, we held hands and both of us came out blessedly stronger.


With stitches comes a needle....poor girl let the whole ER(not really that big, even after the renovations) know that the needle hurt. What she didn't know was that the needle hurt her mom too! And then one stitch, then two! With each one, my heart broke a little more. With each one, the rest of the hospital(well almost the whole thing! :P) knew that a little girl was hurting.

After all was said and done, a look in the mirror confirmed it! Felicity said she was like Uncle Jakob! ( a skiing accident earlier this past month!)


A treat was in order! Timmies let us down so 7-11 came thru with a muffin and a blue/purple slurpee...Chatting all the way home,we were again blessed with an uneventful drive home.


A snuggle with daddy, a drink and bed for us all!
Thanking the Lord that all is ok and that we can rest in Him, sleep mercifully took us away, to renew us for another day!

3 comments:

Marian said...

Ow. You're totally right about the stitches hurting the mommies too.... not looking forward to my turn when it comes around!

Anonymous said...

...another adventure (although, not one anyone wants to experience) in the life of a mommy!!

mom in the north said...

Hey, if it happens often enough, you get used to it. I watched Cassidy's foot get 12 stitches - how fascinating!
I've learned to turn myself into steel and hold my kids (3 so far) so that the doctor or nurse can do whatever it is they need to do. And I just smile when others looked at me with sympathy. Great stuff to scrapbook about!